Wednesday, April 13, 2011

First Post!

Hello all;



This is my first post! I am pretty excited to jump in. Basically what I will be doing is book reviews, I may do movie and song reviews as well later on, I'm not 100% sure yet so I'm going to start off with book reviews and see how that goes first.



I guess Ill start by telling the infinite no-one about myself.



I'm pretty sure no one cares but we all have to start somewhere. Right?



Well my name is Emily and I am seventeen years old.


I love reading, as you may have figured out by now. I read on average about one book a week, sometimes more depending on how good the book is, if it's a series and how long the book is. My record is nine 200 page books in one week. Let's just say it was a really good series and it came in volumes.


I read for the same reason a lot of people my age play video games. While I do enjoy playing The Legend of Zelda and some Mario on occasion, it's not the same as a good book. People my age play video games to escape this world and move into the next. Which I like to do threw books.



My all time favorite book is To Kill a Mockingbird. We had to read it in school last year, and I instantly fell in love. While most people in my classes complained about having to read it, saying they hated it, I thought to my self, "that's because you haven't read it. Maybe if you read it you wouldn't think that about this fantastic piece of literature?" Although in saying this I have only read one book and not liked it Lord of the Flies. Not a fan.



My all time favorite band is Fleetwood Mac. Most people my age do not even know who they are. This is pretty sad in my opinion. I would give up my life savings to see them in concert. While Fleetwood Mac is my favorite band Elton John is my favorite singer Elton John and Don McLean, Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, Crocodile Rock? I don't think there is a person out there who hasn't herd American Pie at least once.



Now, when it comes to movies, I like movies that come out, if they are REALLY well done.


However there is NOTHING better then popcorn and black and white movies.



Favorite food? Well I'm a teenager, so practically anything healthy is out, except yellow apples. I love yellow apples. Well that's a bit of a exaggeration like stake. I like Bree, and Goats Cheese. But I think that's about it.



Sports? I know what you're thinking at this point, super geek over here, wont be into sports, but I do play Volley ball and Soccer, I used to play Basketball and be pretty good at it too but stuff happens. I also was in ballet for 10-12 years I don't remember exactly how long that also didn't continue. I am not giving up on Volleyball out of spite. Hanging on for dear life we'll say.



I have two younger sisters.


I have two yellow male labs.


I have one fish.


And I have one cat.



I think that's all I can really say about myself, I dough much else would be interesting, IF any of this was interesting anyways.



Well If your there thanks for reading, and I Promise to get started on Book Reviews as soon a possible.



I hope I haven't board you to death



Thanks again



Emily :)

2 comments:

  1. That Blanked out spot is supoest to say exaggerati​on i have no idea why it white-ed out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to Blogger :) Hope you get lots of good ARCs Emily!

    ReplyDelete