Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Night Elie Wiesel

Hello All;




When Elie was 15 he was sent to a concentration camp.

Being forced to grow up fast in the world of SS Nazi soldiers Elie reflects on his life in the concentration camps. His thoughts and feelings, and things that stood out to him years later.


This is a very powerful novel, Elie's words are strange and carefully thought through delicately put.


This for me was a short read, I read it in a few hours.


I have read many Holocaust texts this being the least tragic. Not to diminish what he endured in anyway shape or form, just when I was reading it I felt although he was a very Lucky man, based on other text that I have read.


This book was beautiful written. I found however that in this version ^ there is a preface written by Elie and I felt like it was much better written then the remainder of the book. I was then disappointed with the rest of the book. It was a beautifully written book, however the Preface blew me away and I had then anticipated the same caliber of writing throughout the rest of the book.


this book was beautiful. I would recommend it.


There are a number of profound statements in this book one of them being my favorite quote now. "Books no longer have the power the once did. those who kept silent yesterday will remain silent tomorrow."-Elie Wiesel.



Emilie

No comments:

Post a Comment